Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why Nyn?

I have had many people ask since I started my blog, why do you call yourself Nyn? Well, it is all thanks to my little, or now really tall brother Paul. I am ten years older than my cute little, I mean now very tall brother.When he was a baby and finally able to start saying our names all he could say when I would say "Carolyn" and point at myself would be "nyn" as he pointed at me and repeated. So the name just kind of stuck. By the time Paul could say my name my Mom had kind of picked up on the "Nyn" thing and to this day still says "Hi Nyn" when I call. It is really fun having a nick name that I am not embarrassed to share. I mean really, when my husband and I were trying to figure out what to name our kids we would sit around and try to make fun of the names we picked just to see how bad it could be for our kids. Seriously I know when you grow up being asked (because your last name is Hogue)are you a Hogie sandwich among other things, you want to make sure your kids can have fun nicknames, like Nyn. Although, now that I think about it Nyn could also be Nyncompoop, but lets pretend I didn't think of that and remember how fun it is to just be Nyn because my cute little baby brother couldn't say my name.

1 comment:

Keisha said...

I love it! Nyn is cute! You are cute!:) Love ya!