Saturday, March 21, 2009

sick, sick, sick

It seems that lots of stuff is going around right now, by stuff I mean sicknesses. I had felt so fortunate that we had managed to get through the winter season with a few colds and one round of strep throat. Then Wednesday came. I had been home for a little over 24 hours from my trip to the wedding. It started with Adelle having some goopey eyes and a really runny nose and fever, then Cora woke up and threw up all night long. I was exhausted. After a trip to the doctor for Adelle's eyes everyone seemed to be on the mend until this morning (Saturday). Elise got up doing a repeat performance of Cora's experience a few nights before than Adelle took her turn and I got mine as well. We all managed to get this virus by today. YUCK We are all tired and worn out, but hopefully we will have a relaxing spring break with no more illness. We need to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

A memorable tidbit this week, besides all the yacking was something Cora said to me after being so sick and not able to keep anything down; "Mom, if I don't eat or drink for three days, I can die." After laughing, and then feeling bad about laughing at my poor, worried, sick child I assured her that as her Mom it was my job to make sure she doesn't die. And, here we are all alive, somewhat sick, but no one is expiring from dehydration. I am making sure of that.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Aww...I am so sorry. That is brutal. I hope you are all feeling much better today and lots of healthy days lie ahead. You must be so worn out. (())