Saturday, March 28, 2009

Birthday Happenings

I had a wonderful 32nd birthday. Yes, folks, I know I look 23 but reverse that, I am 32 years old now - CRAZY!! We started the day going to Elise's soccer game in 30 degree weather and pouring rain. It was quite an experience and I am very proud of Elise, she played hard the entire time, soaking wet and freezing cold. After coming home and warming up, taking a nap and getting cleaned up we celebrated, with yummy cake and ice cream. I have never had cake from our local grocer, but I am never again getting cake anywhere else. It was amazing and who doesn't love moose tracks ice cream. I loved my thoughtful cards and gifts. Shae got me a docking station for my ipod and a nike running chip. The girls got me a new hot red purse. I love new purses. I would buy one every season if I could. Oh and I can't forget my Twilight DVD from my mother-in-law. (yes, I shamelessly love the books and all things Twilight.) Then, being big spenders, we used a coupon I got at the grocery store for a buy one get one free ticket to the dollar show. Yep, we paid .50 each to see the Mall Cop movie. It was funny and cute and for .50 I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't great, it was only two quarters!! We then went to Macaroni Grill, my favorite - and shopping at borders my next favorite. I love to look at books in the store, library or online. I just get lost with all those awesome stories to discover. It was a wonderful day and I am truly grateful for all the kind phone calls and birthday cards - Amy R. I loved the fabulous card it was so cute and Grandma's made me cry. If there is anything I love most about my birthday it is all the love I feel from all those around me. Here's to another year, when I will update you on being 24 *wink*.

2 comments:

Keisha said...

Crap I've already started off bad! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!Sounds like you had a awesome day!!!You deserve it Love ya!

Kirsty said...

Ack!!! I missed it, I am so sorry, I have been thinking of you all month though. So happy you had such a wonderful day-you deserve it. Hope your year follows suit!!
xo