Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!




It was a fabulous day!! It was Easter and we spent time as a family, ate and relaxed!! The morning started with the girls finding the eggs and baskets. Then a breakfast of cinnamon rolls (yum!). After spending the better part of the day relaxing and then cooking lunch we finally ate at 3pm. I was very proud of myself. It has been a while since I have had to make a full holiday meal. We have spent almost all of our holiday's at Grandma's house over the years. I have basically been the "assistant" in the kitchen. So on my own I managed to make ham, homemade scalloped potatoes (a huge accomplishment for me, because they weren't out of a box), green bean casserole, hard boiled eggs, and biscuits. After our tummy's were full and the kitchen was clean we did my favorite Easter activity, the "Resurrection Eggs". These are twelve plastic eggs filled with things about Christ's last days and resurrection. It is always a good activity for the kids to understand the holiday and why we celebrate it. I want so much for them to remember the importance of being like Jesus - kind, loving and good. I hope that today was a good reminder of that. I know it was good for me.

2 comments:

Mika said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the holiday! And I like the egg idea, that is something I haven't heard of before! :)

Keisha said...

Happy Easter! I love the egg idea! Your girls are so cute! Good Job with dinner sounds Yummy! Maybe you should make Christmas Dinner for us??? yeah???love ya!!