Tuesday, April 7, 2009

For Kirsty about the eggs

Kirsty, my friend at Momedy, found here http://momedy.blogspot.com/, has been a huge supporter of my blog entries, as well as my sister in law Aimee found here, http://aimeeroo.com/ . So, I managed to think of something to share today and will try harder to post more often than not at all.

Today I decided was time to stuff the Easter eggs. I first had to figure out how to get into the attic where said eggs are put away until needed. Our garage is in complete disarray because of the supposed bathroom we are having put in. This entails the attic ladder no longer being in place so I had to locate a ladder to use to climb up there. Once in the attic I found the eggs, but then managed to hit my head on the beams. They are low and it is pretty dark up there. I got the eggs down without falling off the ladder and took them with me to my rehearsal tonight to have college students help fill. We made quick work of filling 120 eggs a job that would usually take me about an hour and a half. I was so pleased to have this job done. I then went into the basement where I hid the prefilled baskets I had purchased last year on sale 85% off. I normally never buy prefilled baskets because the prices are so ridiculous that I know I could fill baskets for so much less and have much more in them. This not being the case at 85% off I got them, hid them and then waited to get them out until now. I did forget however that I had also bought pre-filled eggs with candy that would last through to this year. Also on insane sale at about 25 cents a bag for 20 filled eggs per bag. I realized I had purchased 120 eggs. So now I have a total of almost 250 eggs all of which I will most certainly not use. But the fact that I climbed into the attic, bumped my head and filled all those eggs to find that I didn't need to was a bit well, upsetting, but not to the point of angering, just bothersome. We have so many eggs now, that I am trying to figure out how to rid myself of all these candy filled eggs. My thought is give some to Adelle's school for their party, some to the church activity, and some to the neighbors having a hunt. That should take the eggs back down to a manageable number. I mean the first 120 were going to help with all that so everyone gets extra eggs this year. Hooray for me being prepared and getting good sales, now I just need to remember when I do, to avoid this situation next year.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Hooray!!! She's back!! :D

And
1) You are way too organized
2) Seriously
3)Why don't you throw your own neighbourhood Easter egg hunt? Those are so much fun.

Thanks for coming back, I love your blog xo
PS: One day I want to be as organized as you are :D