Sunday, September 27, 2009

So here's the problem - blogging....

So here is the problem with me and blogging..... And yes, I only just realized that is has been over a month since I updated, I am lashing myself in my mind. The problem is I am a tad bit OCD. This means probably not enough to need medication, but enough to be a nuisance to myself, and most surely some of those around me.

I can't do something halfway, or some of the time. I have to either be all in, or out. It is hard for me to have so much of myself in everything all over my life. I have gotten better at dealing with this problem over the years. But, it can lead to me stopping some things where I pick others up. For example- I used to be huge into scrap booking. I did it every night. I was NEVER behind. I had all the photos in order, pages picked out and would very systematically work my way through. Then I had more kids, and I started doing plays again. Well, you can see how this would absorb the extra time scrap booking and because I couldn't sit down and be caught up every time I let it go. I just couldn't stand it.

I don't like to think of myself as a quitter, just a re-prioritizer. This seems to now be the case with my blog. For most people who have read my blog over the last year or longer I have been able to be pretty consistent, in writing as well as following people. I would update my blog and then read others blogs and comment. As the time has passed since I started I have now been attending school full time, my kids keep getting older and busier and I find I have less time to do what I want i.e. blog. And then there is coming up with one thing to say instead of catching up every single time. I feel like I am being dragged down to the bottom of the scrapbook pile and I will never catch up. Because of my OCD I have internal guilt about not catching everything up every time and not staying on top of it to begin with.

So I guess what I am saying is that I am sorry for being a crappy blogger. I don't know how to just do it sort of. I don't know how to just update maybe once a week and pick one thing to say. I am sorry for being so fickle, but I guess I will have to find a balance, not that I haven't been working on it. Thanks to all of you who do follow my sad, slow, blog. One day I will update with more than just the justification of why I don't write. In the meantime, thanks for continuing to blog yourselves, or share your lives on face book. I am always excited to see how everyone is doing.
Love,
Carolyn

5 comments:

Lydia Moon said...

I understand the OCD nature. Try not to feel guilty about when or how much you blog. It's just a nice outlet for all of us to share our thoughts and keep up with each other. I love reading your blog and keeping up on FB too! There is a season for all things, right? Maybe at some point you'll have more time for blogging again.

Amz said...

I soooo get it! And I know we are not the only ones. I have been horrible all summer, but am trying to post at least every other week....their is nothing wrong with that either. I really like the side bars that update to tell you when others have updated their blogs. That way I don't have to spend so much time going around and checking all 50 jillion blogs wondering if they've updated.

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

I have to admit that I am always excited when you DO post something new, but I completely understand why your posts might be few and far between at times. :)

Keisha said...

I'm so mad that you don't update more!!! JUST TEASING;) Your a busy little lady! Paul works nights so I get a little bored and probably update too much! Things will soon change when the little man gets here!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! love ya!

Rachel Doyle said...

You just make me laugh! I am glad you occasionally post so that I know you are still alive -- hope all is well!