Friday, August 14, 2009

It is so quiet








The kids started back to school on Wednesday. Elise is in 7th grade, Cora 3rd and Adelle Kindergarten. They were so excited, especially Adelle. When the bus arrived she ran on and yelled over her shoulder "bye Mom". So cute. I thought for sure I would be sad or cry but I am not. It is nice to have them all in school. I love our time together but it is good with me that they are growing up. That doesn't mean I don't have my break down and cry moments, like when Adelle lost her first tooth, but I feel really good about it. The weird thing is the quiet. I don't start back to school myself for another week. By eight in the morning everyone is gone and off to school and the only sounds in the house are my breathing and sometimes the air conditioner running. But it is a good quiet, a peaceful quiet. I love the noise I hear right now of my kids in the family room playing and talking, but I love the quiet too. I thought I would be bothered, but it is nice to just be still and hear my own thoughts. The buzzing in my head slows down and I can actually focus. I guess this means besides my kids I am growing up too. I am learning to be by myself as well as be with my family. Change is good and I am enjoying this new change in all our lives.

3 comments:

Rachel Doyle said...

Welcome back my friend -- Oh how I would love a few hours of peace and quiet! Right now I have Cheerios all over the floor, screaming Hannah, and Brynna turning the tv off and on!!! I hope you enjoy your mornings and good luck with school.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your handling it so well. I'm not sure what it will be like to have all in school, I just don't know what I'll do. Your girls are so beautiful!

Al and Jenny said...

They all look so grown up!

Is the picture above your fireplace new? I don't remember it...but I don't remember what was there before either...