Sunday, January 18, 2009

Deep Sleep

I laid down to take a nap this afternoon. It seemed like the perfect timing. Shae was home, the girls were playing somewhat quietly and dinner was cooking in the crock pot. I had no worries. I thought I would try to sleep for an hour or less so that I could sleep tonight. I asked Shae to wake me at 5:30 so that I could finish dinner preparations. I laid down and fell immediately asleep. At 5:30 Shae came in and told me the time. I was so confused, and from what he tells me apparently I told him I was confused and asked him why he was getting me up at 5:30. I thought it was a.m. He smiled and kindly reminded me that it was Sunday and I had just been taking a nap. After I asked a few more questions, none of which I remember I was finally convinced that it was indeed Sunday afternoon. Once I got moving and working on finishing dinner I felt awake and energized. While Shae and I were visiting later he commented about how confused I seemed after my nap and said I must have really been in a deep sleep. I believe I was. Then he said, thinking back he should have told me that I was just coming back from the future and it could be a little confusing or I just came out of the Matrix and it takes some time to readjust. What a funny guy he thinks he is, well I think he is too, but seriously I am glad he didn't try and trick me. It might have taken me that much longer to figure out what was going on. I did have a very good sleep, the problem is that it was so good now at midnight I'm not tired. *note to self* take short naps that aren't so intensive, then I can sleep in the evening too.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

It seems to be a common phenomenon.
That wonderful enticing Sunday afternoon nap on a cold afternoon can lead to a very tired Monday morning when you can't sleep that night. I have felt that same confusion when I wake up after a nap, I hate it. LOL at Shae, I wonder how long the charade would have gone on before he took pity. I think maybe that is why babies and toddlers wake up so cross after some naps. Glad you got a good rest :)